Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!


As another year comes to a close (wow, that was fast!) I can look back fondly on 2011, and look forward to the year ahead like a gift waiting to be unwrapped or, just like last year, another ream of blank pages stacked in front of me. 

I am always tempted to make resolutions which we all know can be counterproductive.  This year, however, I can tell you without reservation that I plan to do a few things that absolutely scare the bejeezus out of me.  The list isn't too long or complicated.  I will share one of them, the scariest of them all here with you tomorrow (gulp).  The resolve I am feeling for what is sure to be a very exciting new year can be summed up in one word.  The word is:  Focus.

The time has come for me to get a firm grasp on the ol' boot straps and pull!  I find myself surrounded by and in awe of folks who have done so and are succeeding - making their own success.  I am so passionate about promoting my fellow entrepreneurs that I often forget about my own *tongue-firmly-in-cheek* "hopes, dreams and aspirations".

Thanks to several very encouraging, supportive friends, the voices of doubt are dissapating and I'm ready to dive into two new personal projects this year.  One is a book of poetry and the other is a fictional novel based on the life of my grandfather...  Yes, I am aware that everyone is writing The Next Great American Novel.  I go into this with a realistic attitude knowing that there are so many books in the world, and that just because I write one doesn't mean it will ever be read.  It would though, be a huge personal accomplishment and the fulfillment of a lifelong dream...  And, anyone who knew my Gramps knows this will be one helluva story!

By sharing some of this information with you, my tens of readers, I feel accountable in a way that I think will help me reach my goals!  So, thank you in advance for being there on the other side of the screen.

Wishing all of you the very best that 2012 has to offer and, as always, thank you so much for taking the time to read.

Peace and Love xo

1 comment:

  1. i have one word for this...... YES!
    Yes,
    yes,
    yes!!!!!!
    very much looking forward to the reading ahead :)

    ReplyDelete